The Tian Tan Buddha is one of the world’s largest bronze Buddhas. Completed in 1993, the Buddha is 34m tall (112 ft) and sits serenely atop Ngong Ping mountain in central Lantau Island, Hong Kong. A fun way to get to the Buddha is to take the Ngong Ping 360 cable-car. From the peak station, a climb up 240 steps takes visitors to the great Buddha.
Read the accompanying post: ‘A Thrilling Cable-car Ride in Hong Kong‘.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- The market in downtown Amman
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- White pebble beach in Albir
- At the edge of the Dead Sea
- Aerial view of Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- The beaches of Camogli
- Colourful Naschmarkt in Vienna
- The Corinthian columns of Jerash
- The Palace of the Air by Salvador Dali