The Tian Tan Buddha is one of the world’s largest bronze Buddhas. Completed in 1993, the Buddha is 34m tall (112 ft) and sits serenely atop Ngong Ping mountain in central Lantau Island, Hong Kong. A fun way to get to the Buddha is to take the Ngong Ping 360 cable-car. From the peak station, a climb up 240 steps takes visitors to the great Buddha.
Read the accompanying post: ‘A Thrilling Cable-car Ride in Hong Kong‘.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- The market in downtown Amman
- A one of a kind dentist office
- The invisible car
- White pebble beach in Albir
- The Corinthian columns of Jerash
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- At the edge of the Dead Sea
- Jame Asr Hassanil Bolkiah mosque in Brunei
- Colourful Naschmarkt in Vienna