It doesn’t happen very often that the canals of Amsterdam freeze up completely. This winter, a prolonged period of sub-zero temperatures created an ice floor that was sufficiently thick for everyone to go ice-skating or for a canal stroll. There were speed-skating competitions, festivals and even a classical concert (by a local orchestra) on the frozen canals! In the evenings, Amsterdammers brought out tables and chairs and organised dinners and parties on the ice! It certainly was a memorable winter!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- The market in downtown Amman
- A one of a kind dentist office
- The invisible car
- White pebble beach in Albir
- The Corinthian columns of Jerash
- At the edge of the Dead Sea
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- Jame Asr Hassanil Bolkiah mosque in Brunei
- Colourful Naschmarkt in Vienna