It doesn’t happen very often that the canals of Amsterdam freeze up completely. This winter, a prolonged period of sub-zero temperatures created an ice floor that was sufficiently thick for everyone to go ice-skating or for a canal stroll. There were speed-skating competitions, festivals and even a classical concert (by a local orchestra) on the frozen canals! In the evenings, Amsterdammers brought out tables and chairs and organised dinners and parties on the ice! It certainly was a memorable winter!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- The penguins at Boulders Beach
- The beaches of Camogli
- Colourful Naschmarkt in Vienna
- Camels at the Treasury in Petra
- The railway station in Kuala Lumpur
- The Palace of the Air by Salvador Dali
- Greenhouses in Holland
- The magnetic stones of Easter Island
- Football on Ipanema Beach
- White pebble beach in Albir