Easter Island is famous the world over for its mythical statues. However, the scenery, from volcanic cones to massive cliffs and secluded beaches, is another great reason to visit this fascinating island. Here’s a photo of Ahu Tongariki, the largest platform with 15 statues (or moai), with impressive cliffs as a backdrop.
Read the accompanying post: “Things to See and Do on Easter Island“.
2 Comments to Spectacular Easter Island
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- The market in downtown Amman
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- The invisible car
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- White pebble beach in Albir
- A one of a kind dentist office
- Plaza Mayor de Palma
- Aerial view of Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- The Blue Mansion in Penang
- Jelly Bean Bull, Birmingham, England