Easter Island is famous the world over for its mythical statues. However, the scenery, from volcanic cones to massive cliffs and secluded beaches, is another great reason to visit this fascinating island. Here’s a photo of Ahu Tongariki, the largest platform with 15 statues (or moai), with impressive cliffs as a backdrop.
Read the accompanying post: “Things to See and Do on Easter Island“.
1 Comment to Spectacular Easter Island
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- The market in downtown Amman
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- White pebble beach in Albir
- At the edge of the Dead Sea
- Aerial view of Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- The Corinthian columns of Jerash
- Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius
- The beaches of Camogli
- The Palace of the Air by Salvador Dali