Easter Island is famous the world over for its mythical statues. However, the scenery, from volcanic cones to massive cliffs and secluded beaches, is another great reason to visit this fascinating island. Here’s a photo of Ahu Tongariki, the largest platform with 15 statues (or moai), with impressive cliffs as a backdrop.
Read the accompanying post: “Things to See and Do on Easter Island“.
1 Comment to Spectacular Easter Island
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- The market in downtown Amman
- Colourful Naschmarkt in Vienna
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- White pebble beach in Albir
- At the edge of the Dead Sea
- Aerial view of Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Plaza Mayor de Palma
- Antique shopping in Hong Kong
- The beaches of Camogli