Easter Island is famous the world over for its mythical statues. However, the scenery, from volcanic cones to massive cliffs and secluded beaches, is another great reason to visit this fascinating island. Here’s a photo of Ahu Tongariki, the largest platform with 15 statues (or moai), with impressive cliffs as a backdrop.
Read the accompanying post: “Things to See and Do on Easter Island“.
1 Comment to Spectacular Easter Island
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- The Grand Dame of Toronto
- The beaches of Camogli
- The penguins at Boulders Beach
- Football on Ipanema Beach
- La Almudena Cathedral in Madrid
- The Palace of the Air by Salvador Dali
- Colourful Naschmarkt in Vienna
- Sydney Harbour from the air
- The Gala Dalí Castle in Púbol
- Old fig tree in Recoleta, Buenos Aires