Easter Island is famous the world over for its mythical statues. However, the scenery, from volcanic cones to massive cliffs and secluded beaches, is another great reason to visit this fascinating island. Here’s a photo of Ahu Tongariki, the largest platform with 15 statues (or moai), with impressive cliffs as a backdrop.
Read the accompanying post: “Things to See and Do on Easter Island“.
1 Comment to Spectacular Easter Island
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- Colourful Naschmarkt in Vienna
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- The market in downtown Amman
- The beaches of Camogli
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- Aerial view of Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- White pebble beach in Albir
- Antique market in Delft
- Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius
- The Corinthian columns of Jerash