Easter Island is famous the world over for its mythical statues. However, the scenery, from volcanic cones to massive cliffs and secluded beaches, is another great reason to visit this fascinating island. Here’s a photo of Ahu Tongariki, the largest platform with 15 statues (or moai), with impressive cliffs as a backdrop.
Read the accompanying post: “Things to See and Do on Easter Island“.
2 Comments to Spectacular Easter Island
Leave a comment
Most Popular Photos
- The market in downtown Amman
- Aerial views of Wadi Rum
- Public art by Joan Miro in Barcelona
- The Gala Dalí Castle in Púbol
- White pebble beach in Albir
- Aerial view of Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Greenhouses in Holland
- Old fig tree in Recoleta, Buenos Aires
- At the edge of the Dead Sea
- St. Peter’s Square in Vatican City